Born Thomas Jonathan Ossoff
February 16, 1987 (age 33)
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Political party Democratic
Spouse(s) Alisha Kramer
Education Georgetown University (BS), London School of Economics(MS)
Thomas Jonathan Ossoff (born February 16, 1987) is an American politician and investigative journalist. He is the Democratic nominee for the 2020 Georgia Senate election, running against Republican incumbent Senator David Perdue. Neither candidate reached the 50% threshold, triggering a run-off election on January 5, 2021.
Ossoff was the Democratic Party nominee for Congress in the historically expensive 2017 special election in Georgia’s 6th congressional district, which had long been considered a Republican stronghold. After finishing first but without a majority in the all-party primary election, he lost the runoff with 48.2% of the vote to Republican Karen Handel‘s 51.8%.
- Former Georgia Sen. Perdue Will Not Challenge Raphael Warnock In 2022
- Raphael Warnock Recalls 2017 Capitol Arrest As He Returns As A Senator
- How Sen. Jon Ossoff Paid Tribute To His Jewish Ancestors As He Was Sworn In
- New Georgia senators Warnock and Ossoff point the way to a new Southern strategy
- Georgia Democrats Ossoff And Warnock Sworn In, Senate Officially Flips Blue