Born David Alfred Perdue Jr.
December 10, 1949 (age 70)
Macon, Georgia, U.S.
Political party Republican
Spouse(s) Bonnie Dunn (m. 1972)
Children 3 (1 deceased)
Education Georgia Institute of Technology (BS, MS)
Net worth $15.8 million (2018)
Perdue is running for reelection in 2020 against Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff. As neither candidate obtained more than 50% of the vote, they face each other in a January 2021 runoff election. In an attempt to appease Trump after the November election, Perdue called for the resignation of Georgia’s top elections official (a fellow Republican) and claimed without evidence that there were unspecified “failures” in the election.[
- Former Sen. Kelly Loeffler Sells Share In Atlanta Dream WNBA Team
- WNBA's Atlanta Dream officially sold: Renee Montgomery an owner, Kelly Loeffler gone
- Kelly Loeffler's WNBA team sold after players' criticism
- Atlanta Dream, WNBA Team Co-owned by Kelly Loeffler, Are Sold
- David Perdue won’t run for US Senate in 2022