Born David Alfred Perdue Jr.
December 10, 1949 (age 70)
Macon, Georgia, U.S.
Political party Republican
Spouse(s) Bonnie Dunn (m. 1972)
Children 3 (1 deceased)
Education Georgia Institute of Technology (BS, MS)
Net worth $15.8 million (2018)
Perdue is running for reelection in 2020 against Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff. As neither candidate obtained more than 50% of the vote, they face each other in a January 2021 runoff election. In an attempt to appease Trump after the November election, Perdue called for the resignation of Georgia’s top elections official (a fellow Republican) and claimed without evidence that there were unspecified “failures” in the election.[
- Sen. David Perdue mocks Jon Ossoff for eating vegan burger
- While Kelly Loeffler Opposed New COVID Aid, Her Husband’s Firm Sought to Profit Off the Pandemic
- Live Updates: Perdue says Ossoff 'can't stop lying' ahead of Georgia Senate runoff
- Perdue says Ossoff 'can't stop lying' after Georgia Dem accuses him of profiting off coronavirus
- Georgia Republican officials reject Trump's calls to overturn election results