Born Thomas Jonathan Ossoff
February 16, 1987 (age 33)
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Political party Democratic
Spouse(s) Alisha Kramer
Education Georgetown University (BS), London School of Economics(MS)
Thomas Jonathan Ossoff (born February 16, 1987) is an American politician and investigative journalist. He is the Democratic nominee for the 2020 Georgia Senate election, running against Republican incumbent Senator David Perdue. Neither candidate reached the 50% threshold, triggering a run-off election on January 5, 2021.
Ossoff was the Democratic Party nominee for Congress in the historically expensive 2017 special election in Georgia’s 6th congressional district, which had long been considered a Republican stronghold. After finishing first but without a majority in the all-party primary election, he lost the runoff with 48.2% of the vote to Republican Karen Handel‘s 51.8%.
- Pence returns to Georgia on Friday; Obama stars in new Ossoff TV ad
- Sen. David Perdue mocks Jon Ossoff for eating vegan burger
- Georgia Secretary of State Investigating Voter Registration Group Run by Warnock
- Georgia Rep.-elect Carolyn Bourdeaux, only Democrat to flip seat, says party should talk to Trump supporters
- Live Updates: Perdue says Ossoff 'can't stop lying' ahead of Georgia Senate runoff